Information System and Technology program was developed to anticipate the fast growing of the phenomena, problems, needs, and impact of information system to the organization and society, according to development of information technology.This program provides comprehensive knowledge, skill, and way of thinking to be creative, building the abilities to follow advancement of knowledge, technology and the dynamic of social environment.
As one of the academic field in engineering, information system and technology program includes two major academic areas related to:
- Planning, developing, and evaluating of system in the purpose of information management dedicated to preferred organization or in a global context for a community or society
- Planning, developing, and evaluating the management of the technology used to support the system in organization or society.
Nowadays, Information system and technology become a significant and decisive factor in the dynamics of business, organization and community development. Information system and technology has become an important part of daily lives including knowledge, sciences, engineering and design, services development and delivery, operational activities and management. Effective and efficient uses of information system and technology become urgent to achieve business competitive advantage and to take part in acceleration and growing the community, society or even nation. Use of system and technology should be embedded in every live dimensions, business (electronic-commerce), education and learning (e-education and e-learning), medicine and health (e-health), culture, transportation, industry, tourism, collaboration activities, even entertainment.
- Our graduates will have successful careers in information systems and information technology.
- Our graduates will be able to gain admission to and successfully complete their graduate studies in information system and technology or related fields.
- Our graduates will have leadership and active role for improvement in their community.
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Support the delivery, use, and management of information systems within an information systems environment
- Identify and analyze user needs and to take them into account in the selection, creation, integration, evaluation, and administration of computing-based systems
A wide range of career possibilities are available for graduates of information system and technology program. The following job titles represent only a handful of the choices:
- As a planner, to plan, develop and manage the governance of information system and technology in order to keep align with organization strategy including government or enterprise in general.
- As a manager, to plan, develop and manage information system and technology to support the operation management of any organization.
- As an engineer in software industry, to develop software for information system in corporate-wide level.
- As researcher in research entities or education institutions.
- As a creative person with the vision of the future prospects defining information as an asset of the corporate.
- As a facilitator and emancipator to guide people in the community to build a growing and satisfying community.