Information System and Technology program was developed to anticipate the fast growing of the phenomena, problems, needs, and impact of information system to the organization and society, according to development of information technology.This program provides comprehensive knowledge, skill, and way of thinking to be creative, building the abilities to follow advancement of knowledge, technology and the dynamic of social environment.
As one of the academic field in engineering, information system and technology program includes two major academic areas related to:
- Planning, developing, and evaluating of system in the purpose of information management dedicated to preferred organization or in a global context for a community or society
- Planning, developing, and evaluating the management of the technology used to support the system in organization or society.
Nowadays, Information system and technology become a significant and decisive factor in the dynamics of business, organization and community development. Information system and technology has become an important part of daily lives including knowledge, sciences, engineering and design, services development and delivery, operational activities and management. Effective and efficient uses of information system and technology become urgent to achieve business competitive advantage and to take part in acceleration and growing the community, society or even nation. Use of system and technology should be embedded in every live dimensions, business (electronic-commerce), education and learning (e-education and e-learning), medicine and health (e-health), culture, transportation, industry, tourism, collaboration activities, even entertainment.
- Our graduates will have successful careers as information systems and information technology professionals.
- Our graduates are capable of gaining admission to and successfully completing their graduate studies in information system & technology or related fields.
- Our graduates will have leadership and play an active role for improvement in their community.
An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline
An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
An ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal
An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security, and social issues and responsibilities
An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society
Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in, continuing professional development
An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practices
An understanding of and an ability to support the use, delivery, and management of information systems within an Information Systems environment
An ability to use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core information technologies of human computer interaction, information management,
An ability to identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation and administration of computer-based systems.
An ability to effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment.
An understanding of best practices and standards and their application.
An ability to assist in the creation of an effective project plan.
A wide range of career possibilities are available for graduates of information system and technology program. The following job titles represent only a handful of the choices:
- As a planner, to plan, develop and manage the governance of information system and technology in order to keep align with organization strategy including government or enterprise in
- As a manager, to plan, develop and manage information system and technology to support the operation management of any
- As an engineer in software industry, to develop software for information system in corporate-wide
- As researcher in research entities or education
- As a creative person with the vision of the future prospects defining information as an asset of the
- As a facilitator and emancipator to guide people in the community to build a growing and satisfying community.
Visit our website at sti.stei.itb.ac.id