The Electrical Power Engineering Study Program provides education on the area of generation, delivery and use of electrical energy. The program gives the students a basic knowledge of electrical power engineering principles along with the required supporting knowledge of mathematics, science, computing, and engineering fundamentals.
The students are given an opportunity to develop their abilities to formulate, analyze and solve complex problems as well as to design a product or system based on real problems, especially in the field of electrical power engineering.
The program provides a sufficient breadth and depth for successful subsequent graduate and post-graduate study, or lifelong learning programs and it gives a sufficient basic to have active roles in developing electrical power engineering and other related industries in Indonesiaand overseas.
It also provides an appreciation for the broad spectrum of issues arising in professional practice, including teamwork, leadership, safety, ethics, services, economy, environmental awareness, and proffessional organizations.
- Our graduates will have successful professional careers in electrical power engineering
- Our graduates will be able to gain admission to and successfully complete their graduate studies for those who pursue advanced
- Our graduates will have leadership and active role for improvement in their community.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacture-ability, and
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering
- An understanding of professional and ethical
- An ability to communicate
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong
- A knowledge of contemporary
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice, particularly in electrical power engineering
The graduates of Electrical Power Engineering Study Program will have opportunities to develop their professional careers as power system planning engineers, power generation and power system operation and maintenance engineers, electricity utility managements, design engineers, marketing engineers, power engineering and related fields researchers or power engineering educators and trainers in various institutions and companies.
These institutions/companies include: Electricity utility (PT PLN (Persero) and overseas electricity utilities), power generation companies, power transmission companies, power distribution and retail companies, electricity market authority (government body), industries having electricity network such as: government own and private petroleum and mining industries, electrical equipments industries, appliences industries, consultancy services, power contractors, research and development institutions, higher education institutions and training providers, other related industries and institutions.