The ITB Master’s Program in Informatics aims to:
- prepare postgraduate informatics students to be able to solve problems related to informatics by emphasizing critical and innovative thinking aspects;
- prepare postgraduate informatics students to always be ready to take the opportunity to develop their professionalism through lifelong learning and be able to compete globally in the field of informatics;
- prepare postgraduate informatics students who have research abilities in the field of informatics.
Options and Competencies of Graduates
The option or elective path is part of the ITB Master of Informatics Study Program. Each option defines competencies according to its specific proficiency focus. However, all options have in common the competence of graduates for the development of informatics.
There are 9 options for the ITB Master of Informatics program, namely:
- Computer Science
- Software engineering
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Media Technology & Mobile Devices
- High Performance Computing
- Business Intelligence
- Intelligence System
- Software System Security
Wisudawan Program Magister Informatika, Oktober 2020
Wisudawan Program Magister Informatika, Juli 2020
Registration & Selection of New Students
Registration for new ITB Masters program students for the August 2020 lecture period will be carried out in 3 batches via http://usm.itb.ac.id/ . The list of activities for each wave can be seen in the following table.
|Activities||Wave 1||Wave 2||Wave 3|
|Registration online at www.usm.itb.ac.id/oreg/login||5 February to 5 April 2020||April 13 to June 2, 2020||5 June to 5 July 2020|
|Registration of Academic Potential Test (TPA)||5 February to 4 March 2020||March 16 to April 22, 2020||May 4 to June 23, 2020|
|Academic Potential Test (TPA)||March 14, 2020||2 May 2020||4 July 2020|
|Selection Exams in the Study Program||April 7 to 20, 2020||5 to 19 June 2020||7 to 21 July 2020|
|Announcement of Selection Results||April 28, 2020||30 June 2020||27 July 2020|
|Document equipment for those declared “Conditional Postponed”||By 23 July 2020||By 23 July 2020||By 23 July 2020|
|Re-registration (tentative)||4 to 7 August 2020||4 to 7 August 2020||4 to 7 August 2020|
|ITB Postgraduate Admissions Open Session (tentative)||14 August 2020||14 August 2020||14 August 2020|
|Trusteeship||To Be Announced||To Be Announced||To Be Announced|
|Beginning of Lecture||To Be Announced||To Be Announced||To Be Announced|
General Requirements: see the information on the ITB website
- Meet the requirements for the English Language Proficiency Score with details of the standard scores recognized by ITB as follows:
- TOEFL iBT (Internet Based Test) minimum of 56, or
- TOEFL CBT (Computer Based Test) minimum of 151, or
- TOEFL ITP minimum of 475, or
- TOEIC minimum of 500, or
- IELTS minimum of 5, or
- The minimum ELPT ITB is 77
Original English Value Certificate (Score Report) which is still valid until August 14, 2020 (the validity period of the English value certificate is a maximum of 2 years after being issued), in accordance with the provisions above. English Language Value Certificate documents that are recognized by ITB in the form of TOEFL ITP / International TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS, or ITB ELPT scores. Documents other than the English Value Certificate mentioned above cannot be used. This original document will be taken by ITB and cannot be returned.
- Fulfills the requirements for a minimum BAPPENAS TPA of 475. Original BAPPENAS TPA Certificate of Value which is still valid until August 14, 2020 (the validity period of the BAPPENAS TPA certificate is a maximum of 2 years after issuance), in accordance with the provisions above. For applicants for the Masters program at the Faculty of Arts and Design (FSRD) who are not scholarship candidates, the requirements for the original BAPPENAS TPA Certificate of Value are replaced by a Portfolio. This original document will be taken by ITB and cannot be returned.
- The payment of the ITB Postgraduate Student Selection fee of Rp. 600,000, – (six hundred thousand rupiah). The cost of conducting the selection does not include ELPT / TOEFL / IELTS test fees and BAPPENAS TPA fees. Payment procedures can be obtained at https://usm.itb.ac.id/itb_versi1/tata-cara-pembayaran-virtual-account-itb .
- Original Bachelor’s program diploma. If the diploma has not been obtained, you can use a Pass Certificate (SKL) from the college of origin of the student candidate, signed by the Chancellor or Dean, and include a statement that the prospective student has completed Bachelor level education and has passed a minimum of 144 SKS. Prospective students who apply using SKL are required to submit the original diploma at the time of ITB New Student Registration.
- Original undergraduate program transcripts, starting from semester 1 to last semester.
- Proof of Health Insurance Ownership (not Accident Insurance) which can facilitate hospitalization due to illness. ITB requires all ITB students to have Health Insurance, which can facilitate hospitalization due to illness, while carrying out their education at ITB. Prospective students must be able to show proof of ownership of health insurance which is valid for a minimum of 2 semesters (can be extended). Especially for prospective students who use BPJS / KIS as insurance requirement documents, ITB only accepts BPJS / KIS documents that are funded by the agency / institution / company where the prospective student works. BPJS / KIS that are personally borne cannot be used.
- Letter of recommendation from 2 (two) people (lecturers or superiors) to the intended study program at ITB. The recommendation letter is uploaded to the ITB graduate student registration page by the recommendation provider, through a special link which will be sent to the e-mail address of the recommendation provider. Please note that the recommendation provider must be someone who knows the prospective student and has the capacity to provide recommendations to join the ITB postgraduate program.
- Statement of Purpose for the application of the ITB Masters program. The Statement of Purpose form can be obtained on the online registration page at https://usm.itb.ac.id , after prospective students log in.
Prospective students of the ITB Master of Informatics program are graduates of Bachelor (S1) or D4 programs, in the field of Science and Engineering from accredited domestic and foreign tertiary institutions or their equivalent.
Selection Test Material
- Valid for active students of the Informatics Engineering Undergraduate Program and the Information Systems and Technology Undergraduate Program.
- For students who register at the end of semester 5: have completed the MK undergraduate program ≥ 90 credits and NR ≥ 3.00 from the completed MK.
- For students who register at the end of semester 6: have completed the MK undergraduate program ≥ 108 credits and NR ≥ 3.00 from the completed MK.
- ITB External Advisory Form
- Topic Change Form / Advisor / Add Advisor
- Proposal Form for Informatics Master Thesis Seminar (offline)
- Proposal Form for Master’s Thesis Seminar on Informatics (online)
- Thesis Session Requirements Form
- Proposal Form for Informatics Master Thesis Session (offline)
- Proposal Form for Master’s Thesis in Informatics (online)
Guidelines and Rules
For further information, please contact:
022 – 250 81 35