Electrical Engineering Master Program
Electrical Engineering Master Program is a Postgraduate on electrical engineering discipline that conducted in the Electrical Engineering Master Study Program of School of Electrical Engineering and Informatics.
The Master applicant have to hold a recognized bachelor degree from (electrical) engineering, physics, mathematics. This Master Program will give the students an opportunity to learn new skill, develop problem solving abilities, considerable contribution of knowledge in electrical power, telecommunication, computer, control, microelectronics, biomedical, information management.
This program has 11 options that as a major course, these options are:
- Electrical Power Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Telematics and Telecommunication Network
- Computer Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Control and Intelligent Systems
- Digital Media and Game Technology
- Chief Information Officer
- Information Security Engineering and Management
- Information Technology Services
The program puts a balanced emphasis on theory and industrial application and all the students are encouraged to involve in the on going research topics in the laboratory / school and industry as a part of their Master thesis that the result must be published on International Journal or International Conference.
This Program is mainly supported by the academic 79 staffs that all staffs are doctor /PhD degree and 17 Professors, 9 Research Groups.
Program Educational Objectives
- Our master graduate have successful careers in electrical engineering in high quality
- Our master graduate will have strong motivation to be engaged in life-long education such as indicated by their capability to be admitted in and successfully complete master graduate studies.
- Our master graduate have ability to do research in high quality on electrical and humanity problems
- Our master graduate will have excellent communication and cooperation skill, supporting to take leadership and an active role in the competitive industry, government or education sectors in Asia Pacific Region especially in Indonesia.
The expected program outcomes are:
- An Ability to apply knowledge of engineering, physics, mathematics and sciences.
- An ability to design and conduct experimental research, analysis, calculate, interpret data and conclusion.
- An ability to design a systems, component, synthesis, analysis, and fabrication in industry.
- An ability to conduct on multi disciplinary team to obtain a good team work in research or fabrication in industry
- An ability to identify, formulate and engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively with the other person and team group
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solution in global, economics, environmental and social context.
- A recognition of need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- An ability to use the techniques, skill and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Parallel with modernization in industry that use the electrical, electronics, telecommunication, computer, information systems accurately, these job choices are widely available:
- Research engineer in laboratory, industry, for preparing the new research, make a systems, measurement, compilation, calculation.
- Practical engineer to implement the skill of electrical, electronic, systems, communication, computers, control, information as a engineer.
- Electrical technology analysis to make analysis and conclusion of the problems.
- As a lecturer in university or polytechnics on electrical engineering course
- To continue study in doctor program.
Biomedical Engineering is a multidisciplinary field that is the synergy of various engineering concepts in the world of medicine and biology for the improvement of human health.
This field has grown rapidly in developed countries since more than 50 years ago, creating the needs of the labor force with specialized expertise in the field of medical instrumentation and equipment, data processing and medical imagery, to the development of health information systems.
The path of choice follows two areas of interest: path of instrumentation, imaging and telemedicine, and cell lines and biomolecular engineering. The fields of interest in instrumentation, imaging and telemedicine will interact much with electronics such as embedded systems, electronics, electromagnetic fields, biomedical measurements and instrumentation, biomedical signal processing, biomechanics, and biomedical systems design.
Cells and molecular engineering will interact more with biological fields such as quantitative physiology, immunological engineering, biomedical engineering, cell and tissue engineering, bionanotechnology, and cell kinetics and signaling.
Information Security Management
With increasing trend of internet users around the world, various security threats emerging with increasing trend every year. Indonesia itself has a National Cyberspace Resilience Strategy: Ensuring the resilience of information and its support system in order to solve the nation’s strategic problems and improve the quality of life of the Indonesian nation. With this specialization, we expect to increase human resources to secure the security of the national information system of the future.
Areas studied in this field include:
- Cryptography and its application
- Secure software & os security
- Digital forensic and computer crime
- Information Security management
- Information System Assurance
- Security Architecture and Design
Telecommunication Engineering deals with the generation, processing, distribution and distribution of information signals in a correct and economical way in order to meet the needs of human life. One of the most developed fields in telecommunication engineering is wireless telecommunications.
Indonesia as a large archipelago country clearly needs independence in wireless telecommunication technology and also in radar technology. In such situations, national independence and competitiveness will depend largely on capabilities in the management and utilization of information supported by technology and human resources.
The need for skilled human resources in this field fosters Telecommunication Engineering specialization, with two focal areas, namely wireless telecommunications and radar.
Electrical Power Engineering
The electrical power engineering research area focuses on generation system (distributed generation and system, bioenergy, power electronics on distributed generation systems), power system (computation, security, power quality, transmission and distribution automation & monitoring system), power delivery (DSM, wide area protection, reactive power management, FACTS, power economic, electrical power business, electrical pricing, undersea cable technology), protection system (material and technology, electromagnetic compatibility, lightning protection technology), power apparatus (instrumentation and measurement, field analysis on power system apparatus, maintenance of high voltage apparatus).
Telematics Engineering and Telecommunication Network
The Master of Electrical Engineering (MTE) program with specialization in Telematics and Telecommunication Network is a regular master program offered by SEEI ITB, especially for undergraduate graduates who are interested to explore Telematics and Network.
The MTE Telematics curriculum is designed to provide an integrated and actual insight in the field of telematics, particularly on network technology and telematics services, including its development in the industrial world, domestic and overseas.
MTE Telematics students are also stimulated to master basic skills relevant to the development of Telematics and Network technology, for example by holding relevant activities such as workshops and / or seminars involving students actively.
In line with the roadmap of STEI ITB, particularly related to the field of Telematics, the focus point of MTE Telematics curriculum is on modern network services and infrastructure to support 5G systems, including Software Defined Networking (SDN) and NFV (Network Function Virtualization) technology.
Information Technology Services
Available through the KEMKOMINFO scholarship program, the program is motivated by demand in the provision of electronic-based government services that are more effective, efficient and targeted. We need to provide solutions for various problems faced by the community.
This program aims to produce qualified and professional human resources in Information and Communication Technology (ICT), to utilize ICT in realizing clean and good governance in central and regional government institutions.
The program focuses on:
- IT Service
- Service Computing & Engineering
- Smart City
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Control and Intelligent Systems
The control and computer system research area focus on control system methodology (modeling and identification, robust control, adaptive control, nonlinear control and chaos, stochastic control and estimation, multivariable systems, distributed parameter systems, process optimization and scheduling, anti windup systems, model predictive control, sliding mode control), embedded control systems (embedded controller, integrating field level, controller and corporate information, wireless, sensor network and network control), robotics (vision-based robot control/visual-servoing, collaborative robot, aerial unmanned vehicle, bipedal robot, humanoid, flying Robot), hybrid and switching control (discrete event control and hybrid systems), control and intelligent systems (genetic algorithm, artificial intelligence and expert systems, fuzzy logic, and neural network)
Computer engineering research areas focus on coding, cryptography and information protection, communication and wireless network, compilers and operating systems, computational science and engineering, computer networks, mobile computing & distributed systems, computer systems (architecture, parallel processing, and dependability), computer vision and robotics, integrated circuits, VLSI design, testing & CAD, signal Image & speech processing.
Digital Media and Game Technology
Modeling and simulation, Human-content Interaction, Virtual Reality/Mixed Reality, Internet of Things and Robotics, Big Data Analysis, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Graphics and GPU.
The electronics research areas focus on Digital IC, Analog IC, IC processing, RF IC, Devices Technology and Embedded System. The research areas cover the electronics system architecture design, System on Chip (SoC), Algorithm optimization for hardware implementation, VLSI Design, Hardware-Software Co-Design and Device Design and Implementation.
The researches are targeted for various applications such as WiMax, 3GPP LTE, Smart Card, Security Engine, Low Power MIPS/RISC Processor Design, Wireless Sensor Network, Nano wire and sensors. The research utilizes industrial standard Design Tools for Hardware Design and Simulation. Several implementations use standard chip such as FPGA, DSP and Microprocessor.