73 total views, 4 views today
The 2021/2022 Academic Year will begin soon, New Student Admission is one of the agendas for all universities in Indonesia, including the School of Electrical and Informatics Engineering, Bandung Institute of Technology.
STEI ITB held the New Student Admissions agenda on August 16th, 2021, at 13.00. This agenda was attended by the entire academic community from STEI ITB such as the Dean, Head of Study Programs, Lecturers, and student representatives from each undergraduate major. Participants consist of new students from undergraduate programs, postgraduate programs, and professional programs.
It was opened with a video screening of STEI ITB’s profile followed by remarks from Dr. Tutun Juhana, ST., MT. The speech began with congratulating to the new students for being ITB students and their parents who succeeded in bringing their children to become STEI ITB students.
“Hopefully we can meet again on this campus by offline at the ITB campus which we are proud of. We will also always try to give the best for you under any conditions,” said Dr. Tutun Juhana in his speech.
The event continued with a more in-depth introduction to STEI ITB by Dr.techn. Saiful Akbar, ST., MT. as deputy dean for academics. In the introduction, it was informed about the dean of STEI ITB, the available major programs and their accreditation, scientific groups, laboratories, heads of study programs, heads of sections and heads of subsections, academic administration, and social media from STEI ITB.
After that, it is shown what things need to be considered in academic activities, especially during online lectures, such as ITB academic and student regulations, PEO, SO, Source Outcomes, lecture topics, and unlimited learning resources. Students will also get their own office and Gsuite accounts
Dr. Saiful Akbar pays special attention or highlights to the 2021 Academic Regulations. Every new student must pay attention to several clauses in the regulation, including Clause 40 regarding IP, GPA, and NR, Clause 41-44 regarding Completion of Undergraduate Programs, Clause 45-48 regarding Predicate of Graduation, and Clause 57 regarding Study Deadline.
For undergraduate students, the Merdeka Belajar Kampus Merdeka (MBKM) program is available with the following requirements:
- Giving opportunity to a maximum of 3 semesters of study outside the study program/campus;
- Types of activities available: internship, village building, independent project, and so on;
- References for the implementation of MBKM in ITB are regulated by the ITB Academic Senate Regulation No. 02/IT1.SA/PER/2020
- TPS/SEO and CPL/Student Outcome study programs must still be fulfilled
- Participation in the MBKM program requires the approval of the Head of Study Program
Dr. Saiful Akbar also added that at ITB itself there are various kinds of character education and soft skills so that students can not only develop academic knowledge, they can also develop other potentials contained in each student. In addition, parents can also see and monitor how their children are progressing while studying at ITB.
Study Program Introduction
The event continued with the introduction of each study program at STEI ITB. At the introduction, all undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional study programs explained the curriculum, profiles, graduates, history, to several forms of student final assignments from each study program.
This introduction was delivered by each head of the study program:
- S1 Electrical Engineering by Dr. Muhammad Amin Sulthoni, ST., MT.
- S1 Informatics Engineering by Dessi Puji Lestari, ST., M.Eng., Ph.D.
- S1 Electrical Power Engineering by Dr. eng. Arwinda Rizqiawan, ST., MT.
- S1 Telecommunication Engineering by Dr. Effrina Yanti Hamid, ST, MT.
- S1 Information Technology and Systems by Yudistira Dwi Wardhana Asnar, ST., Ph.d.
- S1 Biomedical Engineering by Dr. Agung Wahyu Setiawan, ST., MT.
- S2 Electrical Engineering by Dr. Ir. Mervin Tangguar Hutabarat, ST., MT.
- S2 Informatics by Dr. Masayu Leylia Khodra, ST., MT.
- S3 Electrical and Informatics Engineering by Dr. Umar Khayam, ST., MT.
- Professional Engineer Program by Burhanuddin Halimi, ST., MT., Ph.D.
In the event, students were also present who gave messages and impressions
The agenda was finally closed by the screening of a video about the Ikatan Orang Tua Mahasiswa (IOM ITB). IOM is an organization for parents of students who are ready to help each student with problems, both in terms of finances and guidance for college life.
There are also several congratulatory videos and brief profiles of the associations at STEI ITB by each association chairman.
- HME ITB (cope Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, and Electrical Power Engineering)
- IMT ITB (cope Telecommunication Engineering)
- HMIF ITB (cope Informatics Engineering, Systems and Information Technology)
During the event, the entire academic community as well as parents would never stop congratulating the new students.
(Articles by Rio Prawira Octavieri, D4 Management of Media Production Padjadjaran University)